Thursday, July 30, 2009

I'd have to say today I hit bottom and just had to lay in bed until time for my treatment. I couldn't believe what my body felt like when I tried to get out of bed this morning. My back was killing me, my ribs ached and it didn't feel very good just breathing. Up until lately, the effects of the radiation have been pretty superficial (the expected burn) and so on. Today was day treatment 29 off 33. These last 5 treatments are called "boosters" and are directly targeted at the site that the cancer was removed. At my doctor visit this week, I was told to expect increased side effects for about 2 weeks after my last treatment. I'ts kind of like cooking in the microwave, even after the "ding", the food still cooks for awhile!

Mine & Steve's 23rd Wedding Anniversary is approaching on August 16 and we are planning a little get-a-way and I'm really looking forward to being with my hubby for some quite time. We are delaying the trip until sometime probably in September so I will hopefully feel a little better by then. It gives me something to look forward to. He has been so patient with me and picked up a lot of slack at home ever since the news of the first abnormal mammogram back in January. Thank you for keeping your vows "in sickness and in health" (and all the other ones too)!

Thank you God for taking care of my every need even before I ask.

Headed to bed. Better days to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment