Sunday, June 21, 2009

4 down - 29 to go!

The first days of radiation were OK. The waiting room is probably my most dreaded part at this point but that will probably change. Most of the ladies are a bit older than me and I really don't want to be a part of their group but I'm coming to terms with the fact that I am like them whether I want to be or not. The talk seems to be the same most everyday but Friday's are a little more upbeat - YEAH 2 days off! We chat about who will get called back first and how lovely we look in our gowns!

The daily rive on I-35 is pretty scary as well. There has been a wreck everyday YUCK! I arrive about 3:30 for my 3:45 apt and I'm usually in and out in 30 minutes or so. Every Tuesday after I'm zapped, I see my doctor (radiation oncologist) so she can assess the damage. Not too bad yet - just working on a weird little sun burn.

Monday morning I see the surgeon for yet another follow-up. Good thing I like her!

Business as usual . . . Thank you God for being my shadow even when the sun doesn't shine!

1 comment:

  1. Sherry McWilliams (Dannys mom)June 22, 2009 at 8:58 AM

    I just wanted you to know that you are in my prayors. God Bless!!!

    ReplyDelete