Thursday, June 11, 2009

Did I mention I have a high school graduate???

Sorry for no posts in 3 weeks but did I mention I have a high school graduate? The last few weeks have been fast & and furious. Graduation was Tuesday evening and what a happy time it was! We've had lots of fun and one more party to go  - then it's back on this journey.  God's timing has amazed me in all of this. I have not had to miss a thing and for that I am grateful!

Since my last post, I've had two appointments with the radiation oncologist one at which I got my three (little but permanent) tattoos as well as being marked up with green sharpie! (Azle colors - how appropriate). Tomorrow (Friday 6/12) I will see my oncologist for a follow up visit. Monday (6/15) I will go back to the radiation therapist for a "mock" or should I say "undress rehearsal"! It will be just like the real thing but I won't get any rays. I will find out Monday what "time slot" I get for my daily appointments. Then, the fun actually begins the next day on Tuesday (6/16) when I get my first treatment. I'll make my daily trip (Monday-Friday) down to TX Oncology on 8th Ave. Thirty-three visits and I'll be all done with radiation. The radiologist said she would allow me 1 or maybe 2 days off for vacation but no more. How nice of her! This would put me finishing up around the beginning of August.

TX Oncology is a very nice place with 3 main waiting areas. On the first visit there, me & Steve discovered that if you walk in the door and sit in the middle area right in front of the check in desk, this is where all the "talkers" sit. If you don't want to talk about "what kind you have" or anything else for that matter, don't sit there! We deemed the waiting area on the right the "quite place". The ones in that section were either reading books or pamplets related to the disease, or sleeping or wishing they were asleep. Then the area on the left seemed to be ones that wanted to be occupied with something else besides cancer. There were puzzle tables, coffee table books & magazines that did not relate to the "C" word. This area seemed to be most fitting for the kids. There were many sick people there (lots of them in wheel chairs). Obviously some were going thru chemo too. I felt really out of place that day and I thank God even more for sparing me from the severity of the disease that many of these were experiencing. I pray they will be at peace and know God's love and His power to heal regardless of their circumstances.

Thanks for checking in on me and especially for your prayers. I'm doing great . . .
Much love-
Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update Bonnie. I am so glad all is going well. NOw for a big WOOHOOOOO we made it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything sounds positively wonderful!!! I'm so happy that things are going so well for you~Keep smiling!

    ooooo
    (hugs), andrea powell

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I missed all of the graduation events...had school on Tuesday and 10 year high school reunion on Sat (does that mean I'm getting old?). Hoping today went well for you...sorry you feel like you don't fit in, but that is a good thing! Love you so much!!!
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete